As if Beyoncé wasn’t reason enough.
1. One of the best regional beers around.
2. The 72oz challenge.
If you eat the Texas-sized 70oz steak and sides at The Big Texan Steak Ranch in under an hour you get the meal for free.
3. Eight hour smoked brisket.
Because grilling and BBQ are two totally different things.
4. The glory that is Dr Pepper.
Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, Texas in 1885.
5. Swimming holes.
Barton Springs Austin, Texas.
6. Epic river parties.
7. Inventing this game-changing water balloon technique.
8. Everything that is Matthew McConaughey.
Andreas Rentz / Getty
Not only does he look good, but he’s a winner to boot.
Kevin Winter / Getty
9. Great food and drink options like barbacoa and Big Red.
11. Tea so sweet you wanna marry it.
These Czech inspired treats are to die for.
13. Friday Night Lights…
NBC / Via spiritinthenight.tumblr.com
14. Walker Texas Ranger…
CBS / Via youtube.com
15. And one of the greatest shows of all time…
Warner Bros. Television / Via youtube.com
… That provided the answer to this burning question.
16. NASA, ‘cause if you want to go to the moon you gotta go through Texas first.
Mission control is located at Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston.
17. Amazing music festivals like South by Southwest.
18. And Austin City Limits.
19. Whole Foods Market.
The popular grocery store was founded in Austin, Texas.
20. Authentic blues in Dallas’s Deep Ellum.
Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is the most popular water park in the country.
22. Houston Rodeo, which just so happens to be the biggest in the world.
23. The one and only Texas accent.
The CW / Via fanpop.com
24. High-end art in the middle of nowhere.
Flickr: lifeontheedge / Creative Commons
Prade Marfa outside of Marfa, Texas.
25. The King of Country Music, George Strait.
26. The Tejana goddess Selena.
27. And the R&B icon of a generation: Usher.
Moses Robinson / Getty
28. One of the premier stadiums in all of sports.
Ronald Martinez / Getty
29. The Cowboys’ five Super Bowls.
Tom Pennington / Getty
30. And the San Antonio Spurs five NBA championships.
Tom Pennington / Getty
31. The world largest convenience store Buc-ee’s.
32. And the awesomeness that is Beaver Nuggets and NUG-EES.
33. Amazing beaches at Galveston Island.
You didn’t think it was all deserts, did you?
34. Flour tortillas so good that they serve as edible spoons.
35. The perfect appetizing marriage of chips and queso.
36. The glory that is the Texas State Fair.
37. And all the fried food that comes with it.
38. Gas station breakfast tacos.
39. Highway 130, which has the country’s highest speed limit.
40. Bluebonnet-lined prairies in the spring.
41. The romantic setting of the San Antonio River Walk.
42. And a symbol of independence and rebellion in the Alamo.
43. The best regional fast food chain anywhere.
44. The fact that it was once a sovereign nation.
From 1836-1846 Texas was its own country. How many other states can say that?
45. Oh, and of course the gloriousness that is Beyoncé.
Dimitrios Kambouris / Getty
How can you top that?
In the end you have to ask yourself…
NBC / Via collegecandy.com