Grandparents Charged With Killing 5-Year-Old For Soiling Herself

Grandparents Charged With Killing 5-Year-Old For Soiling Herself 7

The mother of a five-year-old girl reportedly beaten to death by her grandparents for soiling herself has spoken on the matter for the first time since the crime occurred in Chicago earlier this month, FOX 32 reports.

Kimberly Elwoods, mother to Jada Moore, called her own father, Klent Elwoods, “a monster” for the alleged July 14 crime.

RELATED: Teen Mother Charged After Reportedly Giving Her 9-Month-Old Infant A Fentanyl-Laced Baby Bottle

‘I Look At Him As A Monster’ Mother Of Dead 5-Year-Old Girl Says Of Her Own Father

Klent Elwoods allegedly confessed to whipping his 5-year-old granddaughter with a belt a dozen times for defecating on herself, according to NBC Chicago.

“I am all out of tears. I look at him as a monster. I don’t even want to carry his last name no more,” Kimberly told the outlet.

Klent Elwoods and his wife, Lisa Jones, were charged with murdering Moore last Friday, per ABC 7 Chicago. They face life sentences in prison if convicted.

On Monday, prosecutors in Illinois revealed horrifying details of Moore’s death. They added she had been physically beaten for over two months before her passing.

The beatings were reportedly provoked by several instances of the girl soiling herself, according to the outlet.

Child’s Injuries More Consistent With Car Crash Victim, Grandparents Chilling 911 Call Played In Court

NBC News reports that Jada had injuries more consistent with car crash victims than those of physical abuse.

Klent Elwoods chilling 911 call was also played in court, where he can be heard admitting to “beating my little granddaughter.”

“I was beating my little granddaughter, and now she is out of it,” he said.

Responding officers arrived to find Jada “lying on the couch completely nude,” according to NBC Chicago. Elwoods allegedly said he “was a little too rough with my grandbaby” while in the back of a police cruiser.

Emergency personnel attempted to revive her with CPR before rushing the girl to nearby Corner Children’s Hospital. She was pronounced dead there shortly before 9 a.m. Saturday, the outlet reports.

Mother Gave Custody Of Young Daughter To Grandparents After Falling On Hard Times

Elwoods and Jones allegedly began watching Jada after visiting her and her mother, Kimberly, in Georgia in March.

Kim told her parents she had “fallen on hard times” and needed them to watch their granddaughter while she got back on her feet, NBC Chicago reports.

Officers eventually executed a search warrant on Elwoods and Jones’ home in the Chicago suburbs.

They reportedly located a belt and a pair of children’s shorts with soiled underwear, per FOX 32. Investigators also found a notarized letter from the girl’s mother giving them custody of Jada.

“I thought that man was a stand-up guy. And he’s really a monster,” she told ABC 7 Chicago. “I absolutely loved my daughter. I adored her. And I want her to know even up there she is well-loved.”

Judge Denies Bond For Grandparents, GoFundMe Set Up, Vigil Held In Jada’s Honor

Meanwhile, a judge has denied Klent Elwoods and Lisa Jones’ bond. Both are due back in court on Aug. 2, according to ABC 7.

Kimberly has since set up a GoFundMe account to raise money to bring Jada’s body from Chicago back to Georgia. As of this article’s publication, the fundraiser has raised $2,600 out of a $10,000 goal.

Those interested in donating to Kimberly’s GoFundMe can do so here.

A vigil for Jada occurred outside her grandparent’s home on Thursday (Jul. 20), per FOX 32.

Source link

What do you think?

Written by GossipPress

Photos Of The Movie & More – Hollywood Life 26

Photos Of The Movie & More – Hollywood Life

Miranda Lambert Responds to Fan's "Shoot Tequila, Not Selfies" T-Shirt 27

Miranda Lambert Responds to Fan’s “Shoot Tequila, Not Selfies” T-Shirt