‘The Spanish Princess’ premieres May 5 and will just take a nearer glimpse at Catherine of Aragon, the very first spouse of King Henry VIII. Although Henry is talked about the most in the record guides, this new series is all about Catherine.
Charlotte Hope will be participating in Catherine of Aragon in the 8-episode Starz limited sequence The Spanish Princess. The demonstrate will peel back again the layers on Catherine, who is largely overlooked about when discussing the Tudor period of English heritage. The Spanish Princess chronicles Catherine’s rise from becoming the younger Princess of Spain to the Queen of England. Charlotte will be joined by Ruairi O’Connor as Prince Harry/King Henry VIII, Laura Carmichael as Maggie Pole, Stephanie Levi-John as Lina, Nadia Parkes as Rosa, and much more.
1. Catherine of Aragon was married to Henry’s more mature brother initial. Catherine experienced been betrothed to Prince Arthur at an early age. Catherine and Arthur married in 1501. Arthur handed away 5 months later from an illness. He was just 15 many years aged when he died.
2. Catherine went on to marry King Henry VIII. Catherine married Henry, who had just recently acceded to the throne, on June 11, 1509. At the time, it was towards the legislation for a man to marry his brother’s widow but Catherine testified that her marriage to Arthur was by no means consummated in the 5 months they have been with each other. At the time, if a relationship was not consummated, then it was not valid.
3. Catherine and King Henry VIII experienced one baby jointly. Catherine was pregnant 7 moments over the course of her daily life, but all of her little ones apart from a single had been stillborn or died as infants. Mary Tudor, who survived into adulthood, was born on Feb. 18, 1516. She would turn out to be Queen of England from 1553 until eventually her demise in 1558.
4. King Henry VIII infamously divorced Catherine to be with Anne Boleyn. When Catherine could not generate a male heir to the throne and he became associated with Anne Boleyn, King Henry VIII wanted to close his relationship to Catherine so he could marry Anne. Henry tried using to get the Catholic Church to annul his marriage since Catherine had been married to his brother, but Catherine was adamant that her marriage to Arthur was unconsummated. The Pope would not grant Henry’s ask for for a divorce, so he had the Archbishop of Canterbury annul the relationship in 1533. King Henry VIII’s divorce led to England breaking absent from the Roman Catholic Church. The king would turn into the Supreme Head of the Church of England. Henry and Anne were married and they had a person daughter, who would become Queen Elizabeth I. Right after Anne was beheaded in 1536, King Henry VIII went on to marry 4 extra times.
5. Catherine didn’t are living very long after her relationship to King Henry VIII was annulled. Catherine was banished right after Henry received their marriage annulled and was not authorized to see her daughter. Catherine died on Jan. 7, 1536, at the age of 50.
Credit history: Resource hyperlink