It’s been really a journey for Rod Stokes on ‘The Voice’! Even with practically obtaining eradicated 2 times, nevertheless, he’s gained a location in the semifinals together with 7 other remaining contestants.
Rod Stokes is the only artist remaining on Kelly Clarkson’s staff heading into the semifinals on The Voice, but he’s really been on TWO other groups right before acquiring to this place. In the course of the blind auditions, Rod chose Blake Shelton as his coach, even though Adam Levine and John Legend each also turned about. Nonetheless, Blake eliminated him during the battle rounds, and Adam utilized a steal to snatch him up. Rod went in opposition to John’s artist, Maelyn Jarmon, during the live cross battles, and America selected Maelyn as the winner. At that position, Kelly used her steal to preserve Rod in the level of competition, and he continues to be one of the ultimate eight standing after The usa voted for their favorites once all over again for the duration of the top rated 24 and top 13 and selected him to go via. Here’s additional to know about Rod:
1. He was into sporting activities ahead of singing. Rod performed a variety of sporting activities even though growing up, including football at Vancelave Large University and even briefly at Mississippi Gulf Coastline Community College or university. However, he inevitably experienced to put his football desires on hold in order to choose over his household development organization when his father got unwell. After soccer was taken away from him entirely, he turned to singing to cope, which is how he began pursuing it in a professional way.
2. He very first started out singing in church. Rod’s sister sung in church when the two have been young children, but he was too shy to ever take part himself. It was not right until he turned a senior in large school that he acquired the courage to sing in entrance of other people today, and he did so for the pretty 1st time in church.
3. He experienced a band before coming onto ‘The Voice’. Soon after Rod determined to take songs severely, he competed in a expertise competitiveness referred to as New music Explosion at Wilmer Fist Baptist in Alabama. He got picked to open up for a gospel group, and was asked to build a band in just five-six weeks. He gathered some household and pals to variety Rod and Workers, and they used nine and a 50 % several years touring close to the Southeast and playing at church buildings.
4. He’s married. Rod met his wife, Kimberly Watson, even though on the road (he was undertaking at her church). They were being married on Nov. 22, 2014, and he sang a rendition of “Beautiful” as she walked down the aisle. Kimberly has supported Rod all through his journey on The Voice.
5. He’s not long ago missing a large amount of bodyweight. In the years because Rod married Kimberly, he lost more than 100 lbs .!
Credit: Resource link